RED NOSES is looking for consultant to develop an Advocacy Strategy and Implementation plan
Introduction of the contracting organisation
RED NOSES Clowndoctors International (RNI) is an Austrian Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) that brings together artistic and scientific expertise in the interface of performing arts, healthcare, social inclusion. The vision and impact goal of all RED NOSES work is that people in need of joy are better able to reconnect to themselves, each other, and the beauty of all human emotions. The professionally trained RED NOSES clown artist engage with vulnerable groups (a.o. children in hospitals, children in crisis situation, elderly people in care facilities and children with disabilities) in interactive artistic performances, which contribute to their wellbeing and social inclusion. As a headquarter, RNI currently coordinates activities of the RED NOSES group, consisting of 11 organizations in Europe and the Middle East. RNI encourages the development of artistic formats and stimulates the exchange of approaches and know-how in the artistic field of healthcare clowning. It helps build capacity of national healthcare clown organisations by providing practical support in training, quality management, PR and fundraising. A great emphasis is placed on providing high quality artistic training to healthcare clown artists through the implementation of international workshops at its main training platform - the International School of Humour (ISH).
With its activities, the RED NOSES group contributes to the implementation of the following rights of vulnerable people:
- Right to physical, mental and social well-being.
- Right to participation and access to culture.
- Children’s rights – health, play and access to culture.
- Rights of Persons with Disabilities – health and access to culture.
Scope of the strategy development process
RNI is looking for a qualified consultant to support our process to develop an advocacy strategy, as well as a three year implementation plan. The strategy should be linked to RNI’s strategy 2025 and our framework of change.
What are we expecting:
- Improved understanding of what advocacy means in the context of RNI’s work and mission
- Clarification of our organizational goals in relation to international and national advocacy and policy engagement
- Development of an advocacy strategy and 3-year implementation plan
- Relevant academic background (post graduate qualification as a minimum) in international relations and/or any other relevant social sciences degree.
- At least 5 – 10 years of experience in strategy and/or organisational development, policy research, advocacy and communication
- Experience in conducting trainings / facilitation of workshops
- Good understanding of the advocacy and policy making environment in one or ideally more of the following areas: health, development, social inclusion, arts and culture
- Must possess strong skills in analysis, communication/presentation, research methods, facilitation methods
- Demonstrate experience of having undertaken similar assignments
- Strong abilities to write in a clear and accessible manner
- Excellent spoken and written English. Other languages spoken in the target countries are an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and deliver on the key deliverables within agreed timelines and deadlines.
To apply, please send the following with the subject line “Consultancy Advocacy Strategy” to carmen.valero[at]rednoses.eu by January 15, 2021:
- A brief conceptual note of your understanding of this assignment and your methodological approach
- A reference list of relevant assignments and previous experiences
- Your CV or the CVs of the experts proposed for this evaluation
- Proposed Budget and information on costs charged in EUR (daily rates and totals)
For more information, please refer to the Terms of Reference.