Freelance opportunity: Psycho-social Support Professional for our Emergency Smile Programme (f/m/d)
Psycho-social Support Professional for our Emergency Smile Programme (f/m/d) - Freelance
RED NOSES International is an artistic and humanitarian organization working with different groups (children in hospitals, children with disabilities, elderly people and children in crisis situations) through the art of clowning. The RNI Office in Vienna is the Headquarters for eleven RNI Offices throughout Europe and the Middle East, and it is also responsible for implementing the Emergency Smile (ES) Programme, which brings clowning to children in crisis situations around the world.
In the framework of the Emergency Smile programme, teams of 4 clowns accompanied by a Head of Mission, travel to different humanitarian crisis settings and work there for 4 weeks.
The current focus is on migrants in Europe.
Currently RNI is looking for a psycho-social support professional for the team of each Emergency Smile mission.
Your tasks (for one mission)
- Participate in check-in session with mission’s teams together with the Emergency Smile core team to assess and support the emotional wellbeing of participants (5 sessions – each session around 1 hour - online)
- Facilitate the psycho-social hygiene session (team resilience building) with each mission’s team (3 hours – live or online)
- Being available during the mission to support the team in case of crisis situations (3 weeks - online)
- Facilitate the final debriefing of the mission (5 hours – live or online)
- Provide individual supervision session with each team member post mission (5 people – each session around 1 hour - online)
- Mental Health Professional with a minimum of 5 years of work experience
- Experience in working with topics of exile and migration
- Experience in working in humanitarian settings or with people affected by crisis
- Strong supervisory skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within different cultural environments
- Flexibility and availability
- Ability to work within a team structure, being flexible, and able to cope with stressful environments.
- Ability to work online
- Very good English knowledge
- The live sessions will take place in Vienna
RED NOSES International
- Offers a creative, appreciative and fun work environment
- Promotes an international and open culture welcoming diversity
- Supports learning and development
- Offers the possibility for long term collaboration: up to 9 missions per year
Every mission is considered as one project. For every project the remuneration is from 800€ (VAT included).
If this job is what you have been seeking, please send a cover letter, CV, expected remuneration and starting date to chiara.manavella(a)rednoses.eu by January 30. Please list the job title in the subject of the email.
Your application will be handled with utmost discretion.